UPDATE: The giveaway has CLOSED on September 24, 2021. The winner is Judy R. from California who entered via Facebook. Judy has met the requirements to redeem her prize and I’ll be working with her in October to create a mini pet portrait of her dog, Cubby. Thank you to everyone who entered!
It’s time for the annual Potato Art Studios giveaway!
This contest is open internationally. The prize will be one 5×7 inch hand-drawn pastel bust (head and upper chest) portrait of your pet based on your favorite photo shipped directly to you from California.
- You must be 18 or older to enter.
- Due to U.S. shipping restrictions, you cannot enter this contest if you live in one of the regions listed in this article: USPS International Service Disruptions
- A maximum of 3 entries may be entered per person (see entry methods below).
How to Enter
You may have up to three entries by entering the contest on social media and signing up for my mailing list.
- Follow PotatoArtStudios on Instagram (@PotatoArtStudios) and find the giveaway post. Tag 2 friends & leave a comment with your favorite sandwich. [1 entry]
- Follow PotatoArtStudios on Facebook (@PotatoArtStudios) and find the giveaway post. Tag 2 friends & leave a comment with your favorite dessert. [1 entry]
- Sign up for my mailing list by using the form at the bottom of my website. [1 entry]
Note: If you are already part of the Potato Art Studios mailing list, simply reply to the September email newsletter and I’ll include your email in the list of entries.
- September 2, 2021: Giveaway Opens
- September 24, 2021 12:00 pm PDT: Giveaway Closes
- September 26, 2021: One random winner is drawn, contacted, and announced on all social media platforms
- September 30, 2021: Deadline winner needs to respond with a valid mailing address and email address
Contest closes on Sept. 24, 2021 at 12:00 pm PDT.
One winner will be randomly chosen on Sept. 26, 2021 and will be notified via Instagram DM, Facebook messenger, or email.
The winner will need to respond within 4 days (by Sept. 30) with a valid mailing address AND email address.
If the first winner does not respond, I will pick another winner (and that person will again have 4 days to respond.)
The giveaway contest is not sponsored by Instagram or Facebook.
Portrait Ordering Process
If you are the lucky winner, I will follow up via email to gather photos of your pet. After I review your photos, we will decide together which image would best work for a portrait. I will provide a digital mockup of the portrait to show you the general layout and background color. Once I receive your approval of the mock-up, I’ll get to work on the drawing.
The portrait will be completed within 4 weeks and I will email you a picture of the finished portrait prior to shipping. The physical portrait will be sent via USPS First Class Parcel Select (if shipped within the U.S.) or USPS First Class International Mail (if shipped outside the U.S.). A tracking number will be provided.
As the artist, I retain the original copyright to the artwork. Images of the finished portrait may be used for promotional materials such as brochures, business cards, and social media.
If you have any questions about the giveaway, leave a comment below or use the contact page to get in touch. I respond to most inquiries within 2 business days.